Teddy is a hands-on tool, and one of the most common questions we hear is how to organize all the manipulatives in the kit. Here's a tip about something that can work to organize materials:
Use a simple binder with baseball card holders for the Learning Letters and insert the letter and letter combinations in alphabetical order.
For the manipulatives and larger pieces, you can use the In-Place Innovative 3-Layer Pocket Organizers from an office supply store. There are three layers to each sheet protector and you can check out all the manipulatives at a glance.
The combination of both of these in a single binder can help you create easy storage and access.
Special thank you to Jenna at Speech Room News for her product review of the Teddy Talker Foundation Kit and Mouth Position Cards!
>> Check out the great review here!
>> Visit our product page for more on the Teddy Talker Combo Pack!
Teddy Talker™ is ready for lots of great learning adventures, which become even more fun when they are shared! This is the spot where we will be spotlighting new and interesting ideas from professionals and parents about how to use the Teddy Talker™ tool. Behind every Teddy is a great educator or family member!
1. Children are making the magic…Teddy is kid-powered so they help him learn!
2. Learning is through play and construction with manipulatives…children build their own knowledge.
3. Children become Teddy’s teacher. It’s fun to have an important job like that!
4. The digital version of the Mouth Position Cards allows you to make your own customized memory or concentration game.
5. The design is visually captivating to promote visualization skills. Children have to be great detectives to notice the small changes on Teddy’s mouth and bowtie to know how to produce different sounds.
6. You can have fun with Reinforcement Rhymes.™ Fill in the rhyming words together, and you can even sing the rhymes to familiar nursery tunes.
7. Teddy’s poems help us learn about him with interests familiar to children… and other bears! He likes airplane sounds, trains, singing, honey and berries, etc. It’s fun to learn about his interests, family and friends!
8. You can enjoy taking turns using the manipulatives to teach each other, and then Teddy!
9. There are alphabet and listening games in the Teach Together Toolkit. Playing the B.E.A.R.R. Track Game can be an awesome adventure, too!
10. Teddy is a friendly bear face. It is purposely constructed to focus on sounds and letters with lots of repetition. There’s a happy smile at the end of each lesson, so even Teddy is having fun!
About Our Bear
Teddy Talker™ is the innovative, kid-powered multisensory tool for articulation and early literacy. Children ”teach” our bear with manipulatives for letters and sounds in school and at home! Teddy helps us hear, see, feel and build sounds!